Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Adventures

As we look back on our adventures of life we remember the many interesting places we have been. All were even more interesting than their names. There is a lot in a name of course but we need to go and see for ourselves! Remembering some places we went in Ontario, I think of Thunder Bay, I liked the name! The Great Lakes were beautiful and interesting. The St. Laurence River, and the Thousand Islands were fascinating. As a child I thought all of those islands, and the boats parked at the docks were wonderful. The cabins and homes on them, looked quiet and peaceful.
It was just as interesting everywhere we went. My parents were always on the go. In British Columbia there was the Peace River country. My Dad liked to go north so I have missed most of the south!
A few years later there was a visit to Victoria that was fun. I especially liked the castles, and the gardens. Unfortunately there was not enough time to see everything.
Last night we were talking about fishing and I think Sund's Lodge on Malcolm Island, at the north end of Vancouver Island, looks inviting. Their video tells a lot. There are cabins to stay in also.

No comments:

Post a Comment