Friday, January 23, 2009

Skin-so-Soft and fleas

My little Yorkie-Poo, Moe ,was having a lot trouble with fleas. I read to use a little Skin-so-Soft in the bath water. Trial and error taught me that it didn't take very much. First I would use his dog shampoo then add the S-S-S to the water. Rinse thoroughly. Using too much would call for more shampoo, an easy remedy! If the flees weren't gone I gave him another bath the next day. This reminds me of our little Yorkie Snuggle, who hated baths. More than once, right after a bath he headed for the field and found the first fresh cow pie to roll in. I was so mad, one time it was all in his ear and down his side,everywhere. We had to start all over again!

Years later our Cairn Terrier Tricki-Woo came with a food allergy, and itchy skin. Fleas were included. She needed a change of diet to more natural food, the right shampoo, and scented fur. She is doing great.

1 comment: